We at Final Touch Interiors always found that a custom window covering is only as good as its installation.
Hunter Douglas the nations largest window coverings manufacturer has made a significant effort to provide an ongoing installer training program. It serves the purpose to properly educate professional installers on the most effective and up-to-date methods of installing its innovative products, including new Pirouette Window Shades, LuminetteÂ® Privacy Sheers, SilhouetteÂ® window shadings and DuetteÂ® honeycomb shades.
We recently attended the companyâ€™s Certified Professional Installer Training Program SM and are now a Certified Hunter Douglas Professional Installer Outfit. Final Touch Interiors, took part in a three-day intensive workshop, the only one of its kind in the industry, giving installers the tools they need to install window coverings more efficiently and meet many of the challenges encountered at the window. In attending the Hunter Douglas Professional Installer Program, it allowed us to work in a hands-on environment and meet with product experts who answered our questions and addressed challenges. We were able to network with other installers to share tips and techniques in the Window Coverings Industry. Our certified installers are the best in the industry, said Andy Irwin, Hunter Douglas Manager of Installer Training. â€œThey are exceptionally well trained and are committed to providing consumers with the highest quality measuring and installation services.â€ Should your need arise for new Window Shades and or Window Coverings or a professional measure and install, call us at 914.299.8160
Thursday, April 30, 2009
We at Final Touch Interiors always found that a custom window covering is only as good as its installation.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Stair Carpet Runners and or Hallway Runners are a great add on to enhance the ambiance of a sometimes dull Hallway or Stairway. They fit perfectly, it does not matter if the home is traditional or a modern House.
The Carpet Runners come in a width of 26inches so they fit most Hallways and Stairs. Constructed with a 100% Wool Pile. These Runners carry also a Five Star rating, so they are qualified for commercial use and they will also perform in a residential home. Several Designs are available, from Oriental to modern. All Carpet Runners are available through Final Touch Interiors, LLC. a fine Interior Designer with quality Products.
Saturday, December 06, 2008
To combat todays economic times, one has to come up with simple Window coverigs solutions and adjust to customers budget needs when offering custom made Window Coverings. So we came up with a custom shade program called Canvas Roman Shades
Advantages of the Canvas Roman Shades Program
- Easy to order
- It contains four of our most popular Shade Styles
- A great Value and perfectly priced
- Comes in 12 different Color ways
- Four different Lining options
Following below are our Styles listed and a short explanation of each Roman Shade Styles
Our Pacifica Roman Shade style has rear facing pockets which add a simple detail to this shade style. The seams on front of the shade create a tailored look that stacks neatly and requires minimal dressing. Works well in a wide variety of design settings. Used in layered treatments with drapery panels or valances and as stand alone window treatmentL
This Roman Shade style has a tailored yet soft appearance “Hobbling” the face fabric onto the lining fabric at regular intervals. It creates soft, overlapping folds that cascade from top to bottom. Stays in each pleatto create crisp folds and hold the structure of the shade. Casual or formal in layered treatments or stand-alone, this style is a classic.
Flat Roman Shade
A unique, elegant design with no horizontal seams or stitching. Small tack stitches, visible on the fabric face, create a gentle memory line for the folds and add character to the shade. Can be used in any design scheme. Often used in a layered treatments with draperies and valacnes.
The Tahoe Roman Shade does not have any horizontal stitching or stays. This, combined with spacing the lifting cords further apart, gives this shade a soft, draped “smile” when raised. The relazed look adds casual elegance. Wider shades will have more than one swag. When fully lowered, this style is flat, with a straight bottom edge. When raised, because of the construction, the sides are not completely straight. For this reason it is not recommended for an inside mount.
Additional we offer also several lifting options for the Canvas Roman Shade which all specifically have child safety incorporated. Inquire for any additional info at 914.299.8160 The Final Touch Interiors, LLC.
Tuesday, August 05, 2008
Valuable information is hard to come by and many times more like a sales pitch. A product which has been a favorite of mine is the Wood Pellet Stove.The Wood Pellet Stove can be used as a stand alone product or as an insert in your existing Fire Place. When comparing the heating costs of Wood Pellets to Heating Oil one will understand quite quickly how much savings are possible in using a Wood Pellet Stove.
Take a look at this very helpfull and valuable Fuel Calculator: Fuel Calculator A great Web site to visit with info about Gas-inserts, Wood Stoves and of course Pellet Stoves and Pellet Stove Inserts is the Hearth Forum .
Nevertheless, to get you started I listed below some points which are important when considering the purchase of a
Wood Pellet Stove
- Is the wood pellet stove certified by a quality label and a CE compliance label?
- Is the efficiency rating of the pellet stove above 85% at maximum load?
- Did an independent testing institute in USA test the stove's emissions and efficiency?
- What is the noise level from the stove? Is the sound level at low output less than 43dBa?
- Does the pellet stove have a convection air fan for good heat distribution?
- Is the stove self-modulating according to the heat demand?
- Does the stove offer any standby feature for a less pellet fuel consumption?
- Does the stove have a large ash pan?
- What kind of room temperature regulation (thermostat) does the stove have to avoid overheating?
- What kind of safety features has the stove?
- Does the stove design allow for easy cleaning of the internal flue passages?
- What kind of flame pattern and view does the stove give?
- Is the stove heat output adequate for the room it is going to be located in?
- Is the stove located to allow sufficient clearance with combustible surfaces and materials?
- Is there a properly wired outlet for electricity near the stove location?
- Is their enough fresh air supply to the stove for a safe and efficient combustion? If not, how can outside air be drawn from an appropriate location?
- Is there provision for appropriate access to maintain and clean the venting system?
- Is the minimum clearance between the vent and combustible materials respected?
- Does the existing or proposed vent comply with the stove manufacturer's instructions?
- Does the venting system recommended take into consideration local factors like altitude, windy conditions,
- internal negative pressure (in very airtight houses or due to strong fans)?
- Does the dealer offer delivery, installation, local building inspectors approval and after sales service?
- Is the floor protected according to the pellet stove manufacturer's instructions?
- What training and experience have the professionals involved in the installation?
- How long will the installation take?
- Who cleans up after the installation work?
- Are the joints and seams of the vent pipes properly sealed to avoid exhaust gas leakage in the room?
- What are the procedure and tests carried out when commissioning the system?
- Is full documentation, including the user's manual, provided with the stove?
- Is the fire started manually or automatically?
- What is the pellet storage capacity of the stove and how long can it operate with one refill at nominal heat
- output BTU's?
- What kind of wood pellets (quality and size) have to be used with the stove?
- What maintenance tasks have to be performed by a professional and how regularly?
- What is the range of annual costs (fuel and maintenance) under average conditions?
- How often do I have to empty the ash pan?
- Does the dealer have spare parts available?
- Does the quotation cover all the costs associated with the installation of the stove (stove, vent)
- installation/delivery, floor protection)?
- What are the financing options and payment terms?
- What is the manufacturer's or supplier's warranty for each component of the pellet heating system?
- What guarantees / warranties are provided for the installation?
- Is an annual service contract available from the Dealer or Pellet Stove Supplier?
- How does the Dealer provide emergency service work if required
- Does the Dealer help in furnishing Wood Pellets for a reasonable price and deliver to home?
You've reached the blog of Final Touch Interiors, an interior design firm located in Westchester County, NY. Here, you'll find a collection of thoughts and links related to interior design, space planning and interior design in general.
Join Mailing List
Interior Design News
A new modular shelving unit aptly named "Present" has been launched at Kickstarter by our friends at Monoloco. These are shelves for today's lifestyles - small spaces with computers and skateboards and scooters to store. Each shelf element has multiple functions and modules can be added as needed, and as space allows. The box is a very cool add on for holding things from your pocket! The box can be positioned upright as a container, or sideways as a frame for those cherished mementos. This shelving is very carefully crafted -- right down to using hidden brass inserts to hold them in place. The modules have been designed to piece together easily and for optimum shipping. The wood grain on the solid walnut is beautifully enhanced with natural oils. All components in this shelving are top of the line and fit together seamlessly. How many places in your house could you use shelving like this? And if you'd like get in on this project from the ground floor, head over to Kickstarter to contribute.
Talk about a room with a view! The Lavi Cruiser Bassinet and Dreamer Cradle have windows - how clever is that? How many times do you think your newborn cries in the night when they wake up and see nothing? What if they could look out the window? You might get more sleep! In any event, you know it will be more interesting for baby than staring at a (usually white) wall. These charming pieces are the brainchild of Gloria Lavi, who found the baby furniture market to be less than inspiring, when shopping for her own upcoming bundle of joy. And a baby furniture company was born, alongside the baby. 100% made in Germany and working with small, environmentally conscious suppliers, the "little folks interior" line is lovingly designed to provide your baby with the best environment possible. The organic design envelops your baby and helps them to feel safe, while taking the nursery up a notch in style. Doesn't your special delivery deserve a special bassinet and cradle like this?
We can't decide if we like this spectacular Dream chair better with or without upholstery! The flowing curves of the shape of the wood are simply mesmerizing. But the leather looks so soft and supple - maybe one (or two) of each! Japanese architech Tadao Ando designed the Dream chair as a tribute to renowned mid-century Danish master, Hans J. Wegner. This magnificent chair crosses both borders and timelines. It's minimalist, yet complex and clearly a piece of art as well as a functional (and extremely comfortable looking) chair. Made from three-dimensional plywood, it is curved along two axles during the molding process. Available in oak or walnut, with fabric, leather or natural finish, it also has an adjustable head cushion. Working with the craftsmen cabinetmakers at Carl Hansen & Son, the designer pushed the limits of what even he himself expected from the material. And the result is truly a Dream chair.
This modern wire mesh chair from Wilde + Spieth is one continuous piece of wire - no screws, no soldered bits and bobs, nothing to break the smooth sleek lines. And nothing to interrupt the strength of function - this chair is very sturdy. And they're stackable, to save you space (up to 10 chairs). Named CU!, the design is Asian inspired and created by Indian native, Avinash Shende. Available in assorted colors or industrial metal finish, these high end pieces have a Buckminster Fuller geodesic dome feel (especially the metal finish). The concave seats look incredibly comfortable and did we mention no connector pieces to stick out or catch on materials? Seat and back cushions are available and the sliders on the feet are removable if you want to use the chair(s) on carpet. They are suitable for indoor or outdoor use and easy to move (and store). How awesome would these be in a loft apartment? Or scattered around the patio out back. They'd make great kitchen chairs, especially in an industrial setting. Let's face it -- they're just great chairs!
It?s a chair that brings ?creature comforts? back home. Dubbed the ?Origine Du Monde, Maybe!? chair, this unusual, ultra-modern chair was design by Italo Rota for Italian furniture house Meritalia. The soft hues complement the plush cushions perfectly, forming what the designed has described as ?uterine sensuality.? The cushions are made of memory foam which, in keeping with the obviously maternal theme of the design, reminds us of protection, rest and the future. The base is made from polished aluminum, irregular in shape, just like the chair concept as a whole, If you like unique, one-of-a-kind pieces, this is a must-see! Check it out at Meritalia.
Is it a radiator, or is it artwork? These cool modern radiators by Caleido are both! The Therme home radiator is an masterful swirl of brilliant hues reminiscent of watercolor. For more-modern tastes, the Geiger radiator features a computer-generated design set on a sleek, black background. The elongated rectangular shape is easy to incorporate among your existing artwork, or let it steal the spotlight and feature it as an art piece all on its own. These cool radiators are by Karim Rashid, who stayed true to his signature funky style. These new radiators made their debut at Salone Internazionale del Mobile 2010. Fore more info visit Caleido.
This new funky furniture by German company Bruehl is inspired by natural forms with an ultra-modern edge. Featuring the ups and downs of mountaintops with an abstract twist, the Coupole sofa and armchair (pictured above) by designer Kati Meyer-Bruhl feature a curved back and armrests and a delicate body clad in fabric that?s heaven to the touch, available in white and sky blue. The Morning Dew chairs (pictured below), also by designer Kati Meyer-Bruhl, are inspired by tulips, with their graceful petals forming the back and arm rests. A soft seat in an irregular shape beckons. This modern flower-inspired chair is featured in vibrant rose and white upholstery, as well as red-and-white plaid. Combine the Coupole and Morning Dew lines for a fun living room or a funky family room. Visit Bruehl for details.
The grand finale to the epic Moroso M?Afrique collection sends it out with a bang! As the final pieces of the outdoor furniture line, the Ibiscus armchair and the Meridienne sofa by designer Dominique Petot make a style statement that screams: Big! Bold! Beautiful! The design consists of wild shapes and even wilder woven patterns if you can imagine that. These vibrant red, brown and white patio pieces echo the shape of a traditional British armchair and lounger, with armrests and a high back to recline into. Frames come in the choice of natural or lacquered steel. Check out this cool outdoor furniture line at Moroso.
- how to choose woven wood shades for your home
- Pirouette window shadings now available with motorization
- Contemporary Table Base with round Wood Top
- Wireless Wall Switch For Platinum Technology Products by Hunter Douglas
- Final Touch Interiors has now professional Window Coverings Installers, certified by Hunter Douglas
- Carpet Runners for Stairs and Hallways
- Custom Roman Shades
- Wood Pellet Stove purchase
- Custom colored Carpet for 40 square yard minimum
- Logans Square and Reserve - New Wool Carpet Introductions by Glen Eden
- Econet a new Area Rug Carpet Padding goes Green
- Motorized Sun Shades for Skylights
- New technology for precise measuring
- Kitchen Counter Top alternatives
- Page rendered in 0.2370 seconds