One effective way in controlling Sunlight and heat in your Home or Office is with Solar Sun Screen fabrics which are used with Roller Shades or Roman Style Window Coverings.
Just last week we tackled an Issue of Sun protection and Heat in one of my Clientâ€™s Home. Our Client wanted a atractive protection from heat and solar glare for his Hallway. A couple Issues we had to deal with:
- Height of Shade Installation - over 20ft in a narrow Stairway
- Length of Shade over 15ft
- Depth of Shade â€“ no possible interference with Smoke/Fire Detectors
- Visual Attractiveness of Shade â€“ in open as well closed position
- automated operation required
We solved the problem with installing a solar screen skylight shade, controlled by a smart Somfy Sun Sensor and an additional standard Switch control to enable the user to override the opening or closing of the Solar Screen Shade from the smart automated Somfy Sun Sensor. Installation went without any problems and after the usual adjustments, the motorized Solar Sun Screen worked like it should. It will close when the Sun rises (as required) and opens at dawn again to let additional light into the Stairwell.